It’s been a bit over two months since I had my D&C. The wait was terrible. Not knowing when AF would arrive is worse than any other “wait” I’ve been through. I mean even the 2ww is better than what this wait was. At least with the 2ww you have that beta scheduled and know a date, but waiting for AF to arrive after a miscarriage seemed like an eternity, not knowing when she would arrive.
Anyway, enough ranting and on with the updates.
- Because of the holidays, I was told that the IVF labs are closed from Dec 24 to the end of the year. Makes sense!
- For me to be able to start the process this month and have the ER and ET before the lab closes, AF needed to be here no later than Nov 15th.
- AF arrived on Nov 17th.
- Nurse said we could move forward but I would be on BCP for only 11 days (normally I’m on for around 20 days).
- Nurse warned me that this cycle could be cancelled if my lining isn’t ready.
- She also acknowledged that some patients don’t even take BCP and some take them for less time, depending on their situation.
- I said lets go for it! If it gets cancelled, I’ll start again next month.
- I’m taking BCP through Nov 30th.
- If all looks okay, I will begin injections on Dec 4th.
- Estimated ER could be Dec 15; ET could be Dec 20th.
Even though I’ve been doing acupuncture twice a week, I’m still feeling a bit stressed. I keep telling myself to stop it, but my body will do what it will do. I was talking to my mom yesterday about it. As much as I’m thrilled to be starting IVF again, it also terrifies me 10,000 times more than any other cycle because this is my last shot. I don’t get another try. So my body is feeling the pressure even though my mind and heart keep saying it will be okay, no matter what.
Has anyone taken a shortened BCP protocol and gotten pregnant?