I know it’s been a few days since I said my appointment to meet with my doctor was, but I needed a little bit of time to process everything that I was told.
- IVF is the next step
- Assisted hatching – wait what?
- Highest does of meds – wasn’t ready for that.
- Doesn’t want me waiting more than six months
- Pretty positive I won’t have any viable embries to freeze
- Cost is higher than I had planned (because of ICSI and assisted hatching + meds)
So I didn’t leave her office in tears but I was overwhelmed and worried. I’m still not sure how I will do this. Sometimes I think that maybe since it’s so hard for me to make this happen, that I’m not supposed to be a mom. Of course, that hurts. Then I lift myself back up and think that I can do this (still not sure how) and I will figure this all out.
I keep reading other people’s success stories and so far 98% of them happened on the first try. I’d like to think the same for me but I didn’t hear the words from the doctor “I can’t guarantee it but I think this will happen the first try”. Then I could just pay for the one time and be done with it. But since I didn’t hear those words, I think in order for me to not feel too stressed is to do the multi-cycle discount option. But then I am overpaying if it does happen the first time.
What to do, what to do?
If you can and would like to donate, you can find my page here: https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/01t3/tracy-s-wish-to-become-a-mother-through-ivf